Preparing for Your Appraisal
Talley Jewelry is committed to provide world class, professional appraisal services. Our certified appraisals and consultations adhere to the highest ethical standards in the industry.
Insurance, Estate, Divorce Settlements, Collateral, Damage Reports, Expert Witness Testimony and more.
Step #1: Schedule an appointment
- Call us at 434-392-4364
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step #2: Collect all items you would like to have appraised. Bring any items you’re not sure of too and we will help you sort out the items you need appraised.
Step#3: Gather any previous appraisals, laboratory reports, sales slips or anything pertinent to the items and bring them with you.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you may sit in the comfort of our showroom as we appraise your jewelry or you may leave it with us and return at a later date. Please note that your jewelry is fully insured while in our possession.
- We will thoroughly clean and inspect for needed repairs.
- We will identify your gemstones, measure, estimate weights, grade and plot stones as required.
- We will photograph your jewelry if requested.
- We will gather the information necessary to enable us to prepare the appraisal report as appropriate to its purpose and intended use.
- When we have finished inspecting your jewelry, and all lab work is completed, you may take your jewelry home. We may need additional time to research value and prepare your final appraisal report, but you and your jewelry do not need to be present for that.
- When the report is complete you will be provided with two copies.
- Best of all, you will have a complete and accurate documentation of your jewelry, with an appropriate value, performed by a Qualified Gem and Jewelry Appraiser.
Talley Jewelry charges for their Professional Appraisal services based on an hourly rate or a per-item fee. The total price is based on the number of items and the complexity of the designs. Some items may require additional market, or Lab research which adds to the total cost.
- Initial consultation is free. This will determine the type of appraisal needed, the scope of the assignment and the total fees.
- Minimum fee on a single item appraisal evaluation and written report is $165.00, additional items on the same report $65.00 each and up. Note: rings soldered together count individually.
- Prices may vary due to the complexity, size or nature of an item, and additional research or Lab time required.
- Appraisal updates on Items we have previously appraised are $55.00 each if updated within the recommended 3 year period and accompanied with the original report issued by Talley Jewelry. Cleaning and inspection is free.
- Sorting Jewelry collections are $75 per 1/2 hour.
- Large assortments of jewelry will be based on the current hourly rate.
- Photos are an additional $20. each.
When completed, your appraisal will remain active in our database for five years. Due to market fluctuations, we recommend having your appraisals updated every three years.